CG Questions 3.27.16
- Life is really a collection of moments…
Take 5 minutes and partner with one person. Share two of the most important days of your life. What made them so important?
- This week’s sermon told us that we can’t build real hope if we don’t ask real questions. (For example: why am I here? What is life really about? Is there more to life than what I’m living?) Are you asking these real questions in your life? What is holding you back from doing so? (busyness, fear, pride) Confess and pray for one another. What will you do this week to explore and act on the answers to real questions?
- Read this verse aloud: Colossians 1:17Amplified Bible
17 And He Himself existed and is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. [His is the controlling, cohesive force of the universe.)
This week Justin stated that Jesus is the strong force that holds everything together. Consider your life and talk about real ways you see Jesus holding things together.
What areas are you not allowing Him access to and why? What will you do this week to intentionally give Him permission to be your strong force?
- Break into groups of 2 or 3. Read John 11:25-26. Jesus tells us that whoever believes in Him will live forever. In other words, your invisible self is your real & true self . Your true self will live forever. In the verse, Jesus asks “Do you believe this?” Honestly discuss with one another if you (personally) believe this. If so, what is the evidence in your life that shows your belief ?(i.e. choices, sacrifices, hope & peace in difficult situations etc)
- Reflect on some of the weighty truths from this week’s Easter message.
- Bigger than politics or war, the human race has a problem called sin. The inner propensity to lie, to lust, be prideful or fearful was paid for in the courtroom of eternity by Jesus Christ. Talk honestly about what this statement means to you personally – how has sin been defeated in your life? What areas do you need freedom from sin? Pray for one another bold prayers for freedom.
The amazing truth of empty tomb of Jesus can’t be explained by history. Neither can it explain the disciples’ transformed lives. Today more people than ever call Jesus their Lord. We see countless changed lives here at City Church and all over the world. Everyone take 2-3 minutes and declare how your life has changed since Jesus became your best day ever. Together, thank God that because you know, Jesus you have eternal life.